You probably know that there are many benefits to using contact lenses to improve your vision, but this option can intimidate those who are unfamiliar with the placement and maintenance of the lenses. If you have not used contact lenses, and are considering using them along with a pair of eye glasses, the friendly staff at Northside can help teach you how to use your new contacts. We will do all we can to make sure you are comfortable applying your contacts and informed enough to keep them in working order.
Some of the benefits to contact lenses include:
- Creates more natural vision by covering your entire field of view
- Contacts don’t fog up which hinders vision
- They are less likely to break or fall
- They allow people to see directly to your eyes
- They don’t have glare issues in direct sunlight or low light situations
Important Note: Your contact prescription may be different from your eye glass prescription and you may need another exam to determine your needs.
During your exam to fit you for your new contacts you may be asked some general questions to make sure to get the best lenses to fit your lifestyle. Questions about the line of work you are in, how often you travel, and how long you will wear them from day to day are all examples of things you may want to share with the doctor. After you have picked a brand and have your prescription one of our well trained staff will assist you in putting in the contacts for the first time.
Here are a few popular types of contacts
- Daily- These are great if you don’t want to remember to take them out and put them in saline solution. You can wear them all day just to take them out and toss them in the trash before bed.
- Bi-Weekly/Monthly- These are the most common type of contact lenses. Meant for a day of regular use then taken out to be soaked in saline solution before using again the following day. After a couple of weeks or a month (depending on the type) you toss them out and replace them with a new set.
- Night and Day- These particular lenses are the only type that is specifically created to be worn continuously for multiple days including overnight. This can be useful for particular situations and busy lifestyles.
Once you are comfortable with your new contact lenses we will explain the simple but important steps to maintaining them properly. Let Northside take care of all your vision needs. Be sure to schedule an appointment and we will get you seeing clearly today!