If you need glasses then you want to go to an eye care center that will make you feel welcome and comfortable for your entire visit. That’s why Northside Eye Care helps you every step on your way to seeing clearly. This includes helping you figure out your purchasing options. Vision insurance can be tricky. You want to figure out all of your benefits before you pay out of pocket and our well trained staff will be able to do just that.
Northside accepts over a dozen types of vision insurance including many of the big names like Anthem, United Healthcare, Humana, and Cigna. For a full list be sure visit our webpage of insurances accepted. Once you know that you’re covered and accepted you’ll want to find out a few specific things about your coverage.
Some of those things include:
- Co Pay- This is how much your insurance requires you to pay. You may have a co pay for the eye exam, two co pays (one for the exam and one for materials) or none at all.
- Eye Glass Frame Allowance- This is an amount of money that you may have available to purchase frames. If you choose a frame that is less than or equal to this amount you may pay nothing out of pocket, but if you choose a frame that is more than this allowed amount you will have to pay the difference out of pocket.
- Contact Allowance- This is very similar to eye glass frames except that you may have an allowance for contacts on your insurance.
- Rx Lens Allowance- This is an allowance on certain insurance plans that allows you to spend up to a certain amount on your prescription lenses. Again if your lenses cost more than the allotted amount the difference will have to be paid out of pocket.
- Benefit Eligibility- This is essentially how often your insurance allows you to attain the benefits of your plan. Some plans require you wait for two years before using any allowances while others may only be one year.
Important Note: These items listed may or may not be included in your insurance plan. These are only things that your particular coverage could allow.
Being informed about your level of coverage will help to set your mind at ease when it comes time to purchase. If you are unsure about what your insurance covers our friendly staff will be happy to help you answer any questions you may have. We can walk you through your coverage, help you pick out frames, adjust them to your liking, fit you in new contacts, and tell you about anything we carry in the store. Give us a call today to schedule your next appointment.