Maintaining healthy vision is incredibly important to living an overall healthy and happy life. Northside Eyecare takes pride in helping people around Evansville have the best vision possible and while taking care of their eyes. Having an eye disease screening should be something you may need to consider at various points of your life.
A few reasons to consider scheduling an eye exam with Northside include:
- You have recently turned 40
- Your family has a history of a certain type of eye disease
- You recently began having problems with your eyesight
- You have noticed a rapid change in your vision
- You were recently injured in the eye
We know that it can be intimidating to have any medical test performed, but our friendly staff and knowledgeable doctors will help make you comfortable during your screening. Early detection is extremely helpful in almost all cases of eye disease and we can check for several different issues that can affect eyesight and other areas of your health.
What to Expect During Your Exam
The screening will begin with some general health questions about you and your immediate family. It’s important that you answer these questions to the best of your ability so the doctor can properly assist you. There will also be a few questions about your vision history specifically to help get an idea of any problems you may be having.
A few of the questions that we may ask include:
- General health questions about your blood pressure, smoking, medications, etc.
- How well you currently see and if there have been any recent changes
- Previous eye problems including surgeries and injuries
- When was your last eye exam or eye screening
- Does your family have a history of eye related health issues
After we have this information we will begin to examine the external parts of your eyes including the iris, pupils, eyelids, and eyelashes. Then the doctor will dilate your pupils which will allow a better look at the inside of your eyes. This process is where subtle changes can be detected leading to the early detection of any issues. Depending on certain aspects, such as your age, a test of your eye’s fluid pressure may be done to check for glaucoma.
Here are a few of the things that can be detected with an eye disease screening:
- Pink Eye or Conjunctivitis
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Allergies
- Foreign Bodies in the Eye
- Eye Infections
- Dry Eye
- Eye Strain
Northside Eyecare has the tools and the experience to help you determine many different eye diseases and maintain your vision. Don’t wait if you are experiencing trouble with your vision or having pain in your eye. Schedule an appointment for your eye disease screening with our helpful staff today. Our phone number is 812-401-7777.